We introduce our new business mobile phone recycling area on the website and describe why it should be the first place to businesses to visit when they come to decommissioning your old mobile phone handsets.
Mobile phone recycling is a shady area of the WEEE recycling initiative, although it has the logo for WEEE recycling many businesses regard the mobile phone as a sunken cost and high risk for data exploitation. Couple this with the fact that it can take quite some time to flash a whole fleet of mobile phones and what are you left with? A box of mobile phones taking up space in some store cupboard.
There are many reasons why a business should consider recycling their old mobile phones, from our discussions with businesses we have uncovered the following as primary examples;
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Recycling makes a big part of the corporate social responsibility and some of the SME’s we speak to use mobile phone recycling as a method to meet internal targets.
- Compliance with the WEEE directive – Realistically the responsibility falls to the retailer of the mobile phone, but out companies are regulated and compliant with the regulations so solutions can be provided for small mobile retailers that are faced with mobile phones that need to be recycled.
- Reducing depreciation – Mobile phones are traditionally considered an expense, but for companies with a large amount of mobile phones, a certain amount of expense can be recovered from recycling and selling the mobile phones back to merchants.
- Getting the best price for old technology – the merchants that provide a quote will be more inclined to provide a more favourable quote if they do not need to spend an extra amount on customer acquisition. Companies often offer more than the standard price listed on our main mobile phone comparison
- Data clearing service as standard – The ISO 27001 Certification in Information Security Management is only available to companies that provide a service that complies with the protocol to securely clear the data from the old mobile phones. The data clearing goes further than a factory reset and replaces the data on a mobile phone so that it is unrecoverable and insured against it.
These are all great reasons to use a company specialising in mobile phone recycling, the barrier is often finding a service that is easy to use, that’s why we have created a system that makes the process fast and easy by using our simple search box to add phones or an upload function if you keep your inventory in a spreadsheet. Then we do the rest.
We will send the details out to our top recyclers to get a provisional quote back and a courier will then be arranged if you are happy.
We speak to businesses on a day to day basis, IT managers, resource managers and business owners themselves and this tool is becoming an invaluable way for them to recoup some capex spend...