Selling your Tek
Before you send us your tek, please make sure you do the following:
- Read these terms and conditions carefully.
- Make a note of your devices IMEI number, the IMEI number is unique to each device and can always be used to track your handset. The IMEI number can be found by typing *#06# into your device's dialling screen.
- Remove all personal files e.g. images, messages, emails etc. before sending your phone. We are not responsible for your private information. Any device received that has not been wiped of data will be erased before we start the grading process.
- Remove all SIM and memory cards before sending your tek - Any SIM or memory cards received by us will be destroyed and we are not liable for any charges incurred if a SIM has been sent to us.
- It is your responsibility to terminate any contracts associated with your device, ensuring any contracts have been honoured, failure to make payments on a handset contract will lead to it being blacklisted and we are unable to accept any device that has been blacklisted.
- Remove any activation locks, iCloud, Samsung or Google accounts associated with the device, this is very important as we will be unable to process your order until the accounts are removed.
- Remove any PIN, password or screen locks.
- Ensure the device is not blacklisted or reported stolen or lost, you can check this using the CheckMEND database, www.checkmend.com.
- Check the handsets conditions below and make sure your device meets the criteria.
- Submit an order on our website, after which you will receive an quote from us, a free postage label or a sales pack in the post. The information on the order form must be accurate, or else you may not receive the full estimated price.
When submitting an order and sending your device you affirm that:
- You are a resident of the United Kingdom
- You are at least 18 years of age (or if under 18 years, have received permission from your parent/guardian)
- You are able to enter into a binding contract
- We are not responsible for any liabilities or claims resulting due to a breach in any of these conditions.
Before sending your tek, please ensure the device you are sending is of the same make and model as in the order form and meets the following criteria:
- Switch on and off.
- Be fully functional, all functions must work perfectly such as the microphone, earpiece, camera, screen etc.
- Be complete with battery and back cover (if removable).
- Have an intact screen (with no cracks, regardless of size).
- Have a working LCD and touch screen (with no pixel damage, cracks, lines or a white screen).
- Device must not be bent, crushed, cracked and should have no missing buttons.
- Not be water damaged.
- Be original with no fake components.
- Have all PIN, passwords and screen locks removed.
- Have all iCloud, Samsung and Google accounts removed.
- Have no software or hardware issues.
- Be able to make calls, accept a UK SIM and connect to WIFI.
- Be unlocked or on a UK network only.
Any device you send us must:
- Be intact and not crushed, broken in half or bent in any way.
- Be complete with the battery.
- Not have missing components such as camera, LCD etc.
- Not have any liquid or water damage.
- Not be beyond economical repair.
- Not have previous repair attempts.
- Typically Faulty or Damaged phones include software issues, broken LCD screens, faulty charging ports, heavy scratches, cracked screens, faulty speakers, faulty microphones etc.
We do not accept lost, stolen or blacklisted tek. We check all the devices received via www.checkmend.com a crime protection database, to ensure they are not lost or stolen. (For more information, see the lost, stolen and blacklisted devices section below).
If a device booked in does not meet our grading criteria then we will contact you with an amended price. If you do not accept the new value, we will return your device free of charge if you want us to. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days, the adjusted payment may be processed.
Please Note: If we offer you a lower price due to the physical appearance of the device, and you do not accept this lower price, we can return your device free of charge. However, if we offer a lower price due to the condition not being the same as you stated originally when placing the order, for example, if you state that it is unlocked, but actually it is locked on a specific network or if you class it as working, when in fact it is faulty, then if you decline the revised offer and would like your device back, we will charge a £10 return fee. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days, we may either recycle the device or process the adjusted payment.
In addition, if you send us a device that has an Activation/iCloud lock, we will contact you to unlock it. If we do not hear from you within 14 days, we may recycle the device and will not make any payment for it. If you send us a device with password or screen locks, we will contact you to help us remove them. If we do not hear from you within 5 days, we may process the adjusted payment. In either of these cases, if you would like your device returned to you, we will charge a £10 postage fee.
We reserve the right to reject any device if it is not acceptable. If we choose to not buy your device, we will contact you. You can either ask us to return it or we can recycle it. If we do not hear from you within 5 working days or if you do not ask us to return the item, we may automatically recycle the device.
We accept original packaging (box), chargers and accessories, however this will not increase the value of your order and we may not be able to return it.
Trade in Prices
The prices offered on our website include any applicable tax at the current rate. We reserve the right to change prices at any time without notice, however, if your order has been submitted, then the price quoted for your device will be guaranteed for 14 days. If your device is not received by us within these 14 days, or does not adhere to our terms and conditions, then the current prices will apply (if they have changed during this period) or we may refuse to buy your device.
Getting your device to us
You can send your device to us in one of two ways: Royal Mail 24® Tracked Service (freepost) or Royal Mail Special Delivery (you pay the cost).
The free postage option is a fully tracked 24 hour service and insures your device up to the value of £100.00. If your device is worth more than this we would recommend sending via special delivery which will cover the full value of your tek.
If you download our label then we recommend wrapping your tek in bubble wrap and placing in a box, then simply stick the label to the box and hand in at your local post office where you will be given a receipt.
If you have ordered a mail in pack, this will include packaging and an adhesive postal label.
We cannot be held responsible for any devices that we do not receive or for any damage during transit. It is therefore advisable to use Royal Mail Special Delivery for high value items.
All tek should be sent to us at:
Unit 3, Jupiter House
Altham Business Park
If we choose not to buy your device, or if you cannot accept the lower adjusted price, then the device will be returned using Royal Mail 48® Tracked Service.
Payment and ownership of your device
The ownership of the device passes on to us as soon as we send you the payment or if/when we recycle the device.
We offer payments by cheque, bank transfer or paypal. You can choose the method in which you would like to receive the payment on the order form; however, this payment method cannot be changed once you submit the order. After we have tested your device and ensured that it meets our terms and conditions, we will post/make the payment on the same day of receiving your device. Please note, our working days are Monday to Friday and office hours are 10am-5pm. Any devices received on a weekend will not be processed until the next working day, which is Monday.
Bank transfer and cheque payments can only be paid to the account details or name and address you have provided in the online order form. We cannot recall or reissue bank transfer payments once they have been made. You should wait 2 hours for bank transfer payments to reach your account, and 2-3 working days for a cheque payment.
Please ensure you provide us with the correct bank account details or paypal email address - If you provide us with incorrect payment details and do not inform us before the payment is processed then we do not accept liability for this - payments cannot be recalled.
If your cheque is damaged, we are happy to reissue it, free of charge. You can request to have it reissued by writing to us at the following address and including the damaged cheque:
Unit 3, Jupiter House
Altham Business Park
If we do not receive your damaged cheque, or if you have lost it, a cancellation fee will apply and be deducted from the reissued cheque value. We will only reissue non-received cheques 14 days after the original date of cheque issue. Due to bank administration, this may take up to 7 days.
We cannot be held responsible for delays in payments due to third parties.
Lost, Stolen or blacklisted Tek
Every single device received by We By Tek Ltd is checked against the CheckMEND database to ensure it has not been reported stolen, lost or blacklisted. If a device has been found to have a record that suggests it has been lost, stolen or blacklisted, we will quarantine the device for a period of 28 days and will email you to notify you of this and what to do next. The payment will also be withheld until the CheckMEND database does not show the device as lost, stolen or blacklisted. However, if you have contacted CheckMEND to prove you are the rightful owner and the device has been cleared from the database within the 28 day quarantine period, then the full original price will be paid. If it is not removed within 28 days, and it has not been claimed by the rightful owner, by law we must destroy it and you will not receive any payment.
Your contract with us is formed, when we receive an order form, offering us to purchase your device. The contract is conditional upon us receiving the device and in accordance with these terms and conditions. The estimated payment depends on the condition of the device, and once payment has been made and we have received the device, ownership of the device passes on to us. The contract between us will expire as soon as we purchase, recycle or return your phone fulfilling these terms and conditions.
You may cancel the contract without any charge at any point until the time you send us the device. After this, you cannot cancel the contract with us; however, the contract will be terminated if it doesn't meet our terms and conditions.
We are not liable and cannot be held responsible for any unforeseeable loss or damage that may occur to you or any third party. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud, misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be legally excluded or limited.
Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
In the unlikely event you have any complaints about our service then please send your complaint in writing to:
Unit 3, Jupiter House
Altham Business Park