It is now a little over a month before the iPhone 7 is expected to be unveiled and hit our shelves, so here we will give you a rundown of the new features and specifications of the iPhone 7. Rumours have by now been confirmed or denied, or somewhere in between so let’s investigate what we already know about the iPhone 7.
With the iPhone 6, we were provided with multiple options and variations to buy, with the variations being “s”, “se”, and “plus” providing different power, size and screen sizes suited to different pocket and budget limitations and the success of this appears to have been carried forward once again to the iPhone 7 with the standard 4.7 inch model, a “plus” model, and a rumoured “pro” model.
- The iPhone 7 is rumoured to be getting a bit of a redesign including removing the headphone jack to allow the phone to be slimmer. This will force music fans to use wireless headphones or ones that connect to the phone via the lightening port, (expect a range of iPhone 7 friendly Beats by Dre headphones in and around the launch date). The other option is going to be an adaptor, but with the likelihood of cheap and poor quality variations flooding the market, we would recommend treading carefully to avoid damage.
- Battery life is likely to be about the same and the popularity (and effectiveness) of the official iPhone smart battery pack gives users the option to increase the battery size if they wish. It appears Apple are continuing their mantra of fashion over function by favouring the sleek design over a more hardy version, and who could blame them, the phones they make are some of the best looking on the market.
- Unconfirmed but possible is a higher resolution on the 4.7 inch model screen, the iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus benefited from a higher pixel density than the standard model and there is murmerings that whilst this undermines its own ‘retina’ display, they could bring this resolution to the 4.7 inch model of the iPhone 7.
- There has been a lot of criticism on whether or not the next generation will feature a 16gb option. 16gb is much too little amount for storing everything we need to in this day and age, but as it allows Apple to upsell storage options in iCloud, surely they will think about upgrading the very basic models to 32gb storage, with 64gb and 128gb options also released at the same time.
- The biggest rumour of them all, and one that was leaked to MacRumours is that a “Pro” version of the phone could be unveiled with even more additions including a dual camera system that has been developed by LinX (an Apple acquisition) and according to rumours the dual camera module has not been able to be produced in a quantity to satisfy demand for the standard model so the rumour being that this technology will be brought to market on a special Pro version of the phone.
The iPhone will likely arrive with the yet to be confirmed iOS 10 software along with an upgraded processor, the iPhone 7 should boast more power. This could go hand in hand with the rumours that the pro model is expected to launch with a 256GB of storage capacity, when we consider that the entry level current gen phones have just 16GB, this will be a huge and much welcomed improvement.
Apple iPhone 7 Release Date
Apple has a built itself a bit of a tradition of unveiling and launching new models of their phones in September, with the unveiling at the beginning of the month with the release date toward the end of the September. So it would be wise to expect much of the same.
With Compare and Recycle, you can find the best prices around for your old phones, get the best price when you sell your iPhone 5s with us.