The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Do not use this company!!

I am totally FUMING with this company!

I sent my brand new Samsung Galaxy (it came free with a contract, but I had a new iPhone4 already so didnt need the Galaxy) into Cash4Phones after they offered me 280 for it. I heard nothing back for ages, then eventually (after I had phoned) I was told the offer had been reduced to 151 due to "excessive wear and tear" !!!!!! What? On a BRAND NEW PHONE?. They claimed to have sent a letter and an email giving me 5 days to respond, but I didnt receive either. I said I wasnt accepting the lower offer and asked for the phone to be sent back, but was told it couldnt be sent back as it had gone over the "5 Days" and the cheque for the lower amout of 151 had already been issued. I HAD NOT RECEIVED THIS EITHER

I accepted defeat at this stage, reaslising I had been well and truly conned, and the lady on the phone promised me that the cheque would be re-issued and would be with me within 10 working days. This was on the 13th of March. I STILL HAVE NO CHEQUE AND THEY STILL HAVE MY PHONE

I called back on the 12th of April to ask again where the cheque was, and was told "Call back on Monday" Before the phone was put down on me.

The more I think about it the more angry I am getting. I would either like the full 280 that I was promised to begin with or my phone back. But it seems that the chances of getting either are very slim!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I am looking for an address to complain to, but cant seem to find one anywhere

Verified Recycling Merchant Ruhul's Avatar
    Dear lynnf2101,

I am very sorry for the terrible experience you seem to have gone through, which is very unlike our services i can assure you of that.

Also, if you could get back to me with any details for me to investigate this further i will get back to you as soon as possible.

I will chase this up with my accounts as a matter of urgency and also have a word with the person who put the phone down on you, if this was the case, as we do take things like this very seriously...
    Kind Regards
    Ruhul
    Cash 4 Phones
    T:
    0845 460 1064

Hi Ruhul

What details do you need?

The phone was recieved on the 5th of March, but i was never contacted again. I called back on the 16th March to see what was happening and was told the offer had been reduced to 151 and I had been sent a letter and and email about it. I received neither of these. When I said I wasnt accepting the lower offer, the phone was brand new so there is no way there is "excessive wear and tear". I asked for my phone to be sent back I was told this wasnt possible as I only had 5 days to respond to the letter and as it had gone over the 5 days the cheque for the lower amount had already been sent to me and was showing on the system as paid. How could I respond to a letter I never received? Also the cheque had never come through so definately not "paid".

I was told to wait a few more days to see if the cheque would come out. It didnt.

I then called back at the end of March (I cant rember the exact date) and was told they would cancel the original cheque and send out another one.

I still hadnt received the new cheque, so called again on the 12th of April. I was then told that re-issuing a cheque takes longer and when I asked what I should do next, they said "Call back on Monday" and put the phone down.

But here we are, three weeks later, and I still have no cheque and no phone! I am getting angrier by the day
    Last edited by lynnf2101; 19-04-2012 at 11:24.

Either your full name or your order ref number, but you can private message me these if you dont wish to share these on here.

The way you have been treated is simply unacceptable and i will have a clear response for you, as soon as i can.

Kind Regards
    Ruhul
    Cash 4 Phones
    T:
    0845 460 1064

Hi Ruhul,

Have private messages you the details

Dear lynnf2101,

Thank you i have emailed you, look forward to you response in due time.

Kind Regards
    Ruhul
    Cash 4 Phones
    T:
    0845 460 1064