The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Thumbs up Resolved - so starts a new nightmare

Cash4Phones Ref: 20170285

Ok so as you all have done, I looked on the net for some time to find the right company to recycle my mobile phone with and naturally, I went with the one that offered the most. This was Cash4Phones who offered 99 + a few pence for my iPhone 3GS 8GB.

Sent phone off and received an email stating the following:

"Please find below a summary of your Order (Ref. 20170285) with an update on all your items.

Phone Testing Reasons Revised Offer Status
    Apple iPhone 3G S 8GB Failed - Excessive wear and tear 59.45 Awaiting customer acceptance"

Now this seems ok however the facts are as follows:

The phone was received by me about a week before I sent off to this "company". The state of the phone was brand new (originally got from apple as I broke an old handset and they replaced this for me with a BRAND NEW PHONE). I suspected a slight software issue and this was rectified and returned with a sheet stating that there were no issues and the phone was working as expected. I turned it on, put my sim card in and as they stated, worked fine. Shame I have already replaced my handset for an upgrade.

So please. Tell me what exactly is wrong with my phone so I can return it to apple as one or the other of you is lying to me about the current state of repair of the phone.

If Apple come back to me and state that the phone is working fine I expect you to refund the postage fee you demanded and a written apology for the fact that I now have to go through all this again with someone else. Hopefully a company that can see that the phone is in full working and correct order.

As you stated in your email "If we do not hear from you within 5 days, we will assume, in accordance with our terms and conditions, that you have accepted all of the above and will continue to process your order.", I offer you the same.

You have 5 Working days in which to return my phone and a sheet detailing the issues otherwise I will assume that you have reviewed the offer and will contact me to alert me to the fact that a cheque is in the post for the originally stated amount. Should neither of these things occur, I will report you to your board of regulators and you will have to pay more than that of the original offer of 99 + the pennies.

Your 5 working days will begin as of 9AM tomorrow morning (29 Feb 2012).

Verified Recycling Merchant Yuli's Avatar

Cash 4 Phones

Dear Customer

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service received from Cash 4 Phones.

Is it possible that you can message us privately with your reference number/order ID or full name and/or e-mail address.

This is so we can look in to this further for you., and help you to solve this matter as soon as possible.

I do apologise for all the inconvenience caused to you.

Kind regards,
    Yuli
    Customer Service
    Cash 4 Phones

Verified Recycling Merchant Yuli's Avatar

Dear Mrs Page

I just noticed your barcode at the top of your complaint, I am sorry about that.

I have tried to contact you on the phone but has not been possible.

I have emailed you this morning, we still don't have a response for you, but as soon as I look at this for you, I will get back to you.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you.

Kind regards,
    Yuli
    Customer Service
    Cash 4 Phones

I have had a conversation with Cash4Phones this morning who have promised to send me the cheque for 99.09 plus the already paid 5 odd for the return of my phone.

I requested to know what the problem was and the "Excessive wear and tear" was simply a hairline scratch on the back of the phone.

This was swiftly followed by an email which stated that the engineers can make human error, which is acceptable, but going by this forum, it seems to be an ongoing issue.

My suggestion to Cash4Phones is this. Get new staff who help customers out and get the job done right rather than having staff who continuously make human errors, thus giving you a bad name.

I eagerly await both amounts of money. I shall keep you all informed.