The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Thumbs up Resolved - Very unhappy customer.

I recently sent a Sony Ericsson Satio with an agreed price of 75. I received an email a few days later offering just 40 due to heavy scratches on the touch screen.
    Now I was very annoyed because the phone has been in a rubber case since ive owned it and the screen had a few marks but NOT heavy scratches. It was well looked after and it did not affect the use of the phone at all.
    When I contacted Mobile Phone Xchange to have the phone returned, the customer service rep immediatley said this was a mistake and said the email offer should be 60.
    I feel that this is done to see if you call and if you dont they save more money. How many people have been offered less money and just taken it without complaining????

If you are offered a low quote from the original offered, call them or better still avoid all together.
    I know we wont be using them again.

Im now going to pass on my details to BBC watchdog programme as a few others have done so this company and others like it get exposed for what there doing to people. It looks like im not the first and I certainly wont be the last.

Verified Recycling Merchant Mobile Phone Xchange's Avatar
    Hi, Please can you tell me your reference number so i can look into this order ASAP for you and get you some answers. You can reply directly to me on andrew.douglass@mobilephonexchange.co.uk if you wish.

kind regards

Andy

The company has now gave me an extra 10 as a gesture of goodwill and I must say thank you to Andrew Douglas for his swift work in resolving this matter so quickly. If you sort your phone inspectors out, I doubt you will have so many problems in the future.