The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Thumbs up Resolved - Avoid like the plague

There an absolute joke, sent 2 phones to them on the 14/01/2011 and have had nothing but stress since and to date still no payment!

One was working and the other was a non worker, on the 27/01/11 they sent an email confirming that they had received the non worker and to expect payment in 4 days. By the 07/02/11 I had still not received payment, or confirmation that they had received the better working phone (wich was sent in the same freepost envelope with the other phone) so i emailed them.

On the 09/02/11 I received a standard confirmation email saying they had received the working phone. .

When they did reply to my email on the 10/02/11 it said that they had received the working phone but it had " failed during our testing process as it was in very poor condition when we received. Therefore, we are unable to issue any payment against this handset " with reference to the non worker they said "we have not received this handset at all, as this would have been tested at the same time as the one above. Again, we are not able to issue any payment against a handset we have not received" (even tho they'd sent an e-mail on the 27/01/11 saying they'd received it??????)

Was absolutely fuming by now was feeling ripped of and being taken for a mug had been waiting for a payment of 45.24 for a month now.

On the 14/02/11 i received an email saying "I have investigated this matter further, I can see that our system is now showing that we have received the handset with IMEI (the non worker), for which we can arrange payment of 12.00 as you had declared this as a non working handset." (was orginally quoted 12.44 but hey ho) and "With reference to the other handset, IMEI (the Working Phone), this has been verified as a handset which fails to meet requirement and subsequently, we cannot issue any payment against this. Should you wish, we can arrange for this handset to be returned to you. Please let me know if you would like this option?.

I replied to the email saying I would be happy to receive the payment for the non worker but was dissapointed with the result for the working phone and that just to settle this frustrating matter would be happy to receive a reduced non working payment. (also sent a copy to there management)

Within minutes I received a phone call from them saying the one I classed as worker had "liquid damage" and therefore they couldnt offer any payment and would send it back to me, but would issue payment that day for the original non worker.

What a load of (*****word edited by C&R Team)! they have sent me back the wrong phone the non worker (wich had a damaged screen) and kept the working one and as I said to date I still havent received any payment from them.

Would'nt recommend them to anyone at all, BEWARE STAY AWAY FROM THEM
    Last edited by Andy; 23-02-2011 at 07:46. Reason: bad language

Hi Kersy, we read your post and had to edit out one little bit. Hope you dont mind and we also moved it to the PRB reviews section as a starter thread.

Because you have written a review, PRB may wish to contact you to resolve the situation. You will be automatically alerted if contact is made.

Best Regards
    Compare and Recycle Site Staff - Here to help!

Any problems? - Send me a Private Message.

Verified Recycling Merchant PRB Management's Avatar
    Kersy:

First of all, it is very clear we owe you an apology. You've obviously experienced some very poor service levels from our staff and that is unacceptable. As you may imagine, as the management team for PRB it is important for us to get this kind of feedback and to identify areas in which we're failing in order to first, correct the issue for you as a customer and second, correct the internal problems in order to improve for future customers. I've been looking through our database trying to identify which order is yours in order to try to figure out what happened, make sure you get the correct handset back and also talk to the appropriate managers about what's happened. My problem is that I cannot identify your order because all I have is the name Kersy.

If you would be so kind, can you please provide me either your order reference number, the IMEI of either of the phones you sent in, or the email address you used to place the order?

I believe we owe you a phone and or payment compensation to atone for the fact that you have the wrong handset and payment for the one we returned, but I need to be able to identify your order, so please do email me directly at management@phonerecyclebank.com and identify yourself as Kersy from Compare and Recycle. I'll then be able to route the issue appropriately.

Kind regards,

PRB Management

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, all info requested sent

We've received your order information. I'll get back to you shortly. Thank you.

Dear Kersy,

I received confirmation from Amanda in our CS team that the cheque was issued and is on its way to you. I believe Amanda also called you on Friday evening to let you know. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We believe it's important to continuously improve our service standards.

Please feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Kind regards,

Martha
    PRB Management