The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Thumbs up Resolved! Unfortunately one unhappy customer

Hello, I have just recently sent off my phone after being ensured by the compare and recycle site that the mobile exchange site was of a 5 star service. Initially I was given a quote of 43 pounds for the phone which I wished to recycle, only to be sent an e-mails days later with a new evaluation of 13 pounds.

After reading the sites terms and conditions and feeling a bit stuck in-between a rock and a hard place in possibly paying a 10 admin fee just to get my phone back I called the telephone number on the site and waited just over 15 mins to be connected to a friendly customer service rep called Mark. Mark appeared to be just as shocked at the evaluation and then went on to tell me that it seemed to be "to low" and stated that he would make an amendment to the valuation and adjust it to 30.

This was a well received gesture but unfortunately still wasn't close to the original expectation of 43.

The reason for the adjusted quote seemed to be on the basis that there were apparently heavy scratches on the touch screen. These were not there before the phone was sent as the phone was kept in perfect working order without damages or scratches to the touch screen.

After viewing many customer reviews of the services by mobile exchange and receiving similar service which have been experienced by other customers I feel let down by the compare and recycle site and also the mobile exchange site.

Is there anything that you can do which will help my situation and turn an unhappy customer into a happy customer?

We will bring it to their attention. I hope that your issue will be resolved. Best Regards
    Compare and Recycle Site Staff - Here to help!

Any problems? - Send me a Private Message.

Verified Recycling Merchant Mobile Phone Xchange's Avatar
    Hi
    I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our evaluation of your handset. So I can look further into your order please can you provide me with your reference number so I can locate your order. A 30 deduction does seem harsh for scratches on the screen so I would like to get this looked at for you. As soon as I have the reference number I will get this sorted ASAP.

Kind regards,

Andy

This issue has been satisfactorily resolved. Thank you MPX
    Compare and Recycle Site Staff - Here to help!

Any problems? - Send me a Private Message.

Isnt it funny, that is exactly the same as they had done to me and even used the same excuse to lower the price.