As Seen On
Web User Gold Award

The UK's #1 Recycling Price Comparison Site

Recycle Mobile Phones Comparison, Sell Mobile Phone for Cash

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Advice for Recycling Merchants

In the interests transparency and improved service quality, recycling merchants are invited to utilise the Compare and Recycle Forum to communicate freely with our users.

We invite users to post public reviews and complaints if necessary so long as they are fair and reasonable and the wording accurately reflect their experiences. Please see “Forum Rules” for more details. The user must be contactable and must respond if required to justify any posting made. Compare and Recycle will moderate any posts that are found to be inaccurate.

We also have a written a complaints procedure for our users.

When signing up to our forum, please contact us to let us know your user name and we will be pleased to award you Verified Merchant status and attach your logo as an avatar to display on your official postings.

It is important to remember to subscribe to any forum which is of particular interest to you.

Subscribing is simple:

1. Hover over “community” then select “recycler reviews” from the drop down.
  2. Scan down the list and apply the green tick to subscribe to the forum of choice (normally the recycling merchant main forum and the merchant review sub-forum too)
  3. Select the notification type required (normally by email daily to get notified each morning if a thread is posted)
  4. Click the “Add Subscription” button displayed
  5. Check that your subscriptions are accepted by going to “settings” on the menu at the top of the page and looking to see if the subscriptions are properly recorded under the heading “Subscribed Forums”.

You should note that any threads you start, or, add to, automatically subscribe you so long as you have not adjusted your default general settings which you can find under personal settings.
2 of 3 < >

Example Recycling Merchant Reviews

The following example reviews in our opinion cover all the criteria of a full and helpful review, you do not necessarily need to provide as much detail as this but try not to make unsupported statements. For example rather than saying 'payment took a long time to arrive' state how long it actually took, for example 'payment took over three days to arrive even after the recycler had confirmed that the phone had accepted'.

Positive Review
Negative Review

Disclaimer: Neither of these example reviews are based on an actual selling experience and serve only as a guideline on what content to include and how to format a review. Both positive and negative reviews should only be based on factual events rather than opinions, we do however encourage feedback on the usability of the recycler's website as this will help them to pinpoint weaknesses in their service.

Things to try and make sure you include in a review:

• Dates related to the selling process - for example the date you gave your information to the company, the date the envelope was received (if provided) and the date payment was received. By giving dates for each step other users can see how quickly the entire process is completed. If things have taken a little too long then it gives recyclers a chance to see where they can improve in the future.
  • The model of phone sold - giving this information helps to add authenticity to the review and helps to gauge whether the model affects the process (for example it may help to show if some recyclers give priority in their service to more valuable handsets or if they treat each customer fairly).
  • The final outcome of the selling process - was the price you got the price that was quoted? How much money taken off if there was damage to the handset? How quickly was payment made? You should also include your overall satisfaction, for example while the company may have longer than expected to complete payment you may have been very happy with the rest of the service, resulting in a positive review overall.

It would be very helpful to include:
  • Customer service received from the recycler - this may be positive, for instance responding to any problems you had quickly. On the other hand it may be negative, for instance the recycler may have ignored any contact you made for several days before responding.
  • How usable was the recycler's website? - Pinpointing problems with the recycler's website or praising features which helped to make the process easier will help a recycler to see where they are going right or wrong and will help to improve their service.

3 of 3 < >

Rules for Posting Reviews and Comments about Recycling Merchants

The reviews area of the forum has been established by Compare and Recycle to enable customers and merchants to interact in a public and transparent way including the discussion of the recycling experience for the purpose of improvement. We welcome members who use it in the spirit for which it is provided.

In the interests of fairness, Compare and Recycle will only approve new threads in the review sections which contain substantiated statements and feature a factual account of a transaction. While users have the right to share their opinion they should not try and present their personal views as facts.

When posting any new thread, you must refer to our rules governing General Forum Usage.

Anyone posting a comment or review must be contactable in order to verify statements made and must respond to reasonable requests for substantive evidence supporting any claims they make. Failure to supply reasonable proof will result in comments being removed and may result in a member being banned in persistent cases. This applies to both positive and negative feedback. In order to keep reviews unbiased we require that a specific transaction (or multiple transactions) is referenced, try to account for all the steps of the process (for example using the merchants website, posting the phone and receiving payment).

When commenting about a specific transaction, you are required to provide sufficient detail to enable it to be traced and permit other parties to respond accordingly. In most cases the date and model number should be enough to verify that the transaction took place.

In the interests of protecting yourself please do not post sensitive personal information relating to a transaction publicly in the forum. If details such as an transaction number are required to resolve an issue then please contact a merchant directly or via Private Message.

Please describe your experience in an unbiased and rounded manner. Please allow time for a response before escalating action and please be reasonable. Compare and Recycle will display a Verified Recycler user title under the the user name of accounts which we are aware belong to recyclers featured on Compare and Recycle. We will take action against those falsely claiming to represent a recycler but take care to only trust those with the Verified Recycler user title.
See more
See less

Resolved - Clearly a scam, not happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved - Clearly a scam, not happy

I sent in a Nokia 5800 and was told it was worth 60 but then got an e-mail saying that the screen was badly scratched and so it was only worth 10. I photographed the phone before I sent it and took down the IMEI. I know it was not scratched and I even sent it with a screen protector still attached. I complained and asked for photographic proof of the damage. They responded offering me 40 for it instead. They still have not shown me any evidence of the scratch so I cannot trust them. It is clear that they offer the best price then reduce it to almost nothing. When you complain, they make you a "better offer" which they expect people to then accept.

This is a scam. Don't bother - use a site that offer free returns at least. These jokers wan't 10 for return of my phone which I'm sure they will make sure is damaged if I accept. Don't use them!

Hi, please can you email your reference number to andrew.douglass@mobilephonexchange.co.uk adn i will get this looked into ASAP for you.
    Kind Regards

MPX

Comment

Resolved

I eventually managed to resolve the issue. They did send me images of the phone, and you could clearly see that the screen protector was still on!

I asked them to remove it, and they sent me a second image, which also showed a scratch now where there wasn't one before. I also thought that I could still see a screen protector, which makes me wonder if a new one had been added with a scratch?

When I told them that their own images proved that they had scratched it, they offered me the full value again.

I will leave you to draw your own conclusions - but be aware that if you receive a reduced valuation and have sent in a phone with a screen protector, make sure they have taken it off (and make sure you get an image before they do)!

Images sent are attached...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	428f0d8e520cd985fee3075353ed3ffa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	5Click image for larger version

Name:	f2a89519d64ff132849fb67839efa770.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	4Click image for larger version

Name:	ead3c04eb5509b7af8ab97f9bcda0456.jpg
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	6

Comment

Excellent thread zzalsar4. thank you for your input and for responding when the merchant resolved your issue.

Best Regards
        Compare and Recycle Site Staff - Here to help!

Any problems? - Send me a Private Message.

Comment

Working...
        X